Friday, October 9, 2009

37 Weeks




The twins are officially full term!!! Yay! I seriously can't believe we've made it this far. I honestly thought they would come early...guess Oliver and Lucy have other plans. We are so relieved that they most likely won't be spending time in the NICU at this point (knock on wood). My belly is still growing daily...so far no stretch marks (knock on wood again). The skin is an amazing organ! I never would've thought I could get so big without ripping to pieces :)

Only 5 days until delivery day!! My c-section is scheduled for 12:30 pm Wednesday, October 14th. I need to be at the hospital at 10:30 am to start pre-op. Oliver and Lucy should make their debut around 1:00 pm. Oh, we just can't wait!! Kyle is SO excited too...he is such a great husband and I know he'll be a wonderful father. He's so cute, counting down the hours until he gets to hold them and kiss them and squeeze them :) I have been having so many vivid dreams about them...I want to meet them NOW! We would be thrilled if I went into spontaneous labor before Wednesday, but something tells me the twins are too comfy in my uterus. I don't understand how that could possibly be...they've got to be super-smooshed in there! I'm a little worried that Lucy will come out with a smashed face...Oliver has really been crowding her since the beginning! We are very curious to see how much they weigh. They could be as much as 7 lbs a piece! Kyle & I are thinking more like 6-6.5lbs. Only time will tell!

Thank you everyone for following our long journey to parenthood...it's finally coming to an end! We really appreciate all of your love and support over the last couple years. We can't wait to begin our new lives as parents and introduce to you, Oliver Adam and Lucy Renee!! I will do my best to update the blog soon after their birth!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Jason and I are amazed by the front-view picture. It is so perfectly round!!! Did you see my belly album on facebook and how lopsided mine was from the bedrest!!!?? Man! Sounds like we can start a Twin Mommies w/o Stretch Marks Club! LOL. Skin IS amazing!

    ReplyDelete