Sunday, May 10, 2009

15 Weeks: Genders Revealed!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers out there. And to those who are still struggling with infertility, I am thinking of you all today. I hope your dreams come true soon. We are all mommies at heart!

Some very exciting news...I think I felt the babies move yesterday! So, at 15 weeks 3 days, better mark my calendar! I can't say for sure, but it had to be them. I was laying in bed on my back for a few minutes yesterday morning when I felt this huge bubble in my lower abdomen. It felt like a gas bubble, but a little different & much bigger. Later that afternoon I felt it again while reclining in a chair outside. Woohoo! My dad later said he thinks the babies were trying to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. I got tears in my eyes :)

My 15 week appt was pretty exciting on Wednesday. Our ultrasound tech was looking at the babies' heart beats & she asked if we wanted to know the sex of our babies. Of course we did! We have known all along that they were probably boy/girl but it was a relief to hear the confirmation. So...Twin A aka Mac is our baby girl & Twin B aka Cheese is our baby boy!!! It is so amazing to know who is who now. We have been thinking a lot about names since then. I'd really like to name them soon, but it's so hard to decide. We had 2 names picked out, but now that it's real, we're not so sure. We want to pick something unique, but not over the top. I wish we could see into the future & know whether or not a name will make or break our child. We are in love with a name for our son, but it is a bit eccentric & I don't want him to be teased. But, then again, children are teased for more reasons than a "different" name. We want him to feel special & to know we chose his name out of love. Maybe we need to wait until they enter this world, & then we can choose the name that fits them best. My type A personality doubts I'll be able to wait, but we'll see.

Side note: My labs all came back normal from the blood that was drawn last week! Thyroid was normal & Lovenox is therapeutic. We will continue to monitor my thyroid levels monthly.

Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment