Friday, May 1, 2009

14 Weeks

Here is my latest belly pic. This was taken today, at 14 weeks 2 days. Quite the bump, don't you think!? It's hard to imagine just how big I'll be getting!


With a week of work under my belt, I'm feeling much more normal & happy. Now don't get too excited...I only worked about 15 hours, but it's a good start. Speaking of feeling better, I don't want to jinx it, but I think my nausea is starting to subside! I'm super-pumped about that! It was really great to see all my co-workers this week. Thanks everyone for being so supportive!

This week was also "doctor" week. Monday, I had an appt with my Hematologist. Nothing too exciting. Continuing the same treatment with Lovenox, & sometime next week I'll get labs drawn to make sure the dose I've been taking is therapeutic. Tuesday, I had my first appt with an Endocrinologist. My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level is very low & my T4 (the main thyroid hormone) level is high, meaning I have hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid). For now, my doctor is not concerned. He explained that thyroid levels are always a little high in the first part of pregnancy while the body is trying to adjust to the extra hormones, estrogen & progesterone. My body seems to be taking a little longer to adjust, but there is no harm to me or the babies for now. We will continue to monitor my labs every 6 weeks until things normalize. I was really relieved I didn't need to start taking medication.

Thursday, we drove west in pursuit of a second crib for the nursery. I know it seems a little early, but we've had some bad luck with furniture orders lately. (We ordered a king-size bed on Dec 30th & just received it last week!) Anyway, we went to Nebraska Furniture Mart & bought a convertible crib. It's a Stanley Young America crib, from the My Haven collection. We chose the color "sea grass". This will be our baby boy's crib. Our girl will have the antique white crib that Kyle's dad bought for us last year. It was a hard decision, but we decided the colored crib would best "match" the white one. We are so excited about the nursery! It will be the one & only nursery we will decorate & it has to be perfect :) Kyle actually got a wild hair & painted the nursery today! (I told you...we're just a little excited.) We chose a light blue color "sea spray". It already looks so darn cute, I can't stand it :)

My next OB appt is on Wednesday, when I'm 15 weeks! This pregnancy is still so surreal. I already can't wait to meet our babies :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you beat me with the painting! I have to get moving;) Can't wait to see the room!!

    ReplyDelete