Sunday, July 12, 2009

24 Weeks: TWINS ARE VIABLE!

Not a lot to report this week. The twins are doing very well...on ultrasound Friday we saw a little meat on their legs! Very exciting! I passed my glucose test, no gestational diabetes! And, most importantly, we made it to VIABILITY!!! If they were born today, Oliver and Lucy would have about a 65% chance of survival. Every week from here on is a blessing. My next major milestone is 28 weeks. At that point, they will have a 90% chance of survival with minimal complications. It's becoming so real! My first shower is Saturday and I just can't wait! I've been waiting for this for SO LONG...the idea of our families coming together to celebrate Oliver and Lucy's impending arrival brings tears to my eyes. I am SO HAPPY!

2 comments:

  1. It's so neat to read your blog...I am feeling everything all over again! I remember the day I left the hospital after a week-long stay was when I turned 24 weeks. Each week after that was a celebration! Just wait til you hit 30...it's so amazing after such a looooong wait for babies! Great job on the nursery! I often wondered what I'd do with boy/girl twins, but yours is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog Shelley. It is so neat to watch you grow from so far away! I have been in on deliveries on countless amounts of twins. They are always my favorite deliveries!! I can't wait to keep reading about you sweet little miracles!! Jenna

    ReplyDelete