Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So Far, So Good!

Lab results are in..."they are great!" We were so relieved to hear that. Are cycle has gone perfectly so far. I will continue the same meds, my Gonal F dose has been decreased a little based on my lab results. My estradiol (estrogen) level was less than 20 at the suppression appt and was 216 today. We are expecting this number to reach around 3000 by egg retrieval. Yikes!

So, I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but I have a dull back ache, especially on my left side. These drugs must work FAST! Or, maybe I'm just crazy!! I asked our nurse & she said that some patients swear they start feeling pressure at this point. I guess we'll just have to wait to see on Friday. Friday I go for more bloodwork & an ultrasound to count follicles (eggs). I can't wait to see the progress I'm making!

I spoke to my manager Monday morning & I will be able to take a medical leave of absence until February 20th. Thank you Children's Mercy! It's nice to have the support of your employer. Anything to decrease the stress!

My mom just told me about the woman who had OCTUPLETS...can you even imagine!! I'd love to have twins, but I don't know about more! They are going to need some serious help. Still, we'd much rather be worrying about taking care of babies than worrying about making babies :)

I just looked at a calendar and realized...I'll have a baby/babies in my belly in just 2 weeks! That seems so surreal! They will implant, they will implant, they will implant!!

Countdown
9 days until egg retrieval
14 days until embryo transfer
22 days until beta (pregnancy test)

No comments:

Post a Comment