Friday, January 9, 2009

Update

The Holidays were so nice this year! We especially enjoyed spending time with our families. Everyone in our life is so loving and supportive, we feel very fortunate. We love you all!

So, for the IVF update...I started new medications yesterday. We are getting closer! I have started dexamethasone. It is a steroid (very low dose) to help suppress my adrenal hormones (testosterone-type hormones), so I will have higher estrogen levels. I also started an injectable medication called Lupron. Lupron acts by suppressing the pituitary gland (which is normally responsible for triggering ovulation). Basically, the medication prevents premature ovulation. We want to delay ovulation this month until we have stimulated my ovaries using fertility drugs. Hopefully that makes sense :) I take the Lupron for 14 days and then have labs and an ultrasound to make sure the medication worked. And for all of you who know how much I hate the Lovenox injections...the Lupron injections are MUCH less painful. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment