Friday, January 30, 2009

Keep the Good News Coming!

This morning's bloodwork and ultrasound went really well. My estradiol level is up to 888 (great!), my uterine lining measured 7.7 mm (also great!), and I had 12-16 follicles that are nicely sized (again great!). These follicles will continue to grow until ER (egg retrieval). Grow eggs grow!! My nurse said she was 99% sure my eggs will be ready for retrieval a day early, so on Feb 4th! Yeah! I continue my Gonal F, Lupron & low dose HCG tonight, tomorrow & Sunday. Then, I go for more labs and another ultrasound on Monday morning. I should trigger on Monday night (a one time injection that helps complete egg maturation and triggers ovulation). Tuesday should be a free day (no shots!). Then the big ER Wednesday morning!!!! That's less than 5 days from now!!

I've been feeling okay. Pretty bloated and uncomfortable but it'll all be worth it in the end, right!? It kind of feels like a tumor is growing in my abdomen. My ovaries are pressing on everything:) Your body usually only makes & releases one egg per month. I'm making at least 12 now so you can imagine!

I had a nice visit today with my good friend, Alicia & her baby girl, Emma! Emma is almost 5 weeks old...so cute! Hopefully Emma will have a playmate in 9 months!

Thanks again everyone for your continued support! Everyone is so excited for us, it's easy to stay positive! Keep the thoughts & prayers coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment