Thursday, April 23, 2009

13 Weeks: Second Trimester Here We Come!

Another week has come & gone without much to report. The "agony" of the 2 week wait from last appt to this one proved too much last Sunday. I broke down & had Kyle take a look at the babies while he was at work. Of course they were perfectly perfect, kicking, sucking their thumbs & playing with their umbilical cords, little hearts beating away. Our OB appt was yesterday morning. We had another ultrasound. Mac's heart rate was 164 & Cheese's was 161. She didn't measure them this week. I guess after 12 weeks the CRL (crown-rump length) measurements aren't as accurate & it's too early to start measuring individual limbs & organs. They should be about 3 inches long now & each weighs about 1 ounce! My mom took me shopping a couple days ago & bought me 2 pairs of super comfy maternity pants (1 pair capris, 1 pair shorts) & a cute maternity shirt. The shirt makes me look very pregnant :) Just what I wanted! I've been waiting to look pregnant for a VERY long time!! My Aunt treated my sister & I to an amazing pedicure & a day of relaxation! It was good to be pampered :) Also, my friend, Alicia, gave me the cutest pregnancy journal called "The Belly Book". There's a place to put a pic of my growing baby bump every week throughout my pregnancy! I'm glad we've been doing a good job of taking frequent belly pics. I am so lucky to have such loving & supportive friends & family.

Back to my OB appt...I have officially been released to return to work!!! (desk job only, of course) But, man am I ready! I think it will feel good to get out of the house more & become a contributing member of society again :) I'm still to take it easy, no long walks, no house cleaning, no heavy lifting. She wants me to get a temporary handicap placard...woohoo. And when I can, I'm supposed to use a wheelchair or motorized cart...yipee. Whatever it takes to keep the babies safe, right? Another big milestone...no more Progesterone injections! I'm SO EXCITED about this. My OB was very nervous about stopping, but decided it was okay. I'm to call immediately with any cramping or bleeding. So far, so good.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are looking great and extra excited that you get to stop the shots!! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you have made it to the 2nd trimester!! I'm sure it is such a relief for you! Just wait until you are where I am & can't wait for them to arrive! It will go so fast. Enjoy the 2nd trimester, it is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete