Monday, February 2, 2009

All is Well

I had yet another appointment this morning. Everything is right on track. We counted 12-15 follicles again today, growing well. My lining is 8.4 mm now & will continue to thicken every day. My estradiol level was 3249! We reached the 3000 mark. I guess it'll be well over 3000 by egg retrieval on Wednesday. Yep, it's official...ER is Wednesday morning, bright and early. We have to report at 7 am to the Overland Park Regional one day surgery. Our sperm and eggs have a date! I do my trigger shot tonight at 9 pm and take my last dose of dexamethasone. Yeah! (Don't worry, after the egg retrieval, I start a whole new slew of drugs.)

I've been getting increasingly uncomfortable over the last couple days. Apparently my ovaries can be compared to water balloons at this point. Water balloons in your abdomen...I don't recommend it :) I was told it will get worse before it gets better. WHAT!? Yes, worse. After egg retrieval, my follicles will fill back up with fluid, even more fluid than is currently residing in my pelvis. Very slowly this fluid will be reabsorbed, and my "fat jeans" can be put back on the hanger (until, God willing, they are called upon again in a couple months to accommodate the baby bump).

I've been told that the egg retrieval will take about 30 minutes. Then I'll hang out in recovery for 1-2 hours. When I wake up, Kyle will know how many eggs they were able to extract. Immediately after retrieval, my eggs are handed to the embryologist. Let fertilization begin!

I guess that's it for now...I'll try to post Wednesday when we get home. Or maybe I can get Kyle to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Hope things went well this morning. My mom and I said a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete