Saturday, April 4, 2009

10 Weeks

We have decided to nickname the twins Mac & Cheese until we find out which is our little boy & which is our sweet girl. I have been eating at least 2 boxes of macaroni & cheese every week this pregnancy, so the names seem fitting :)

This is Mac, previously known as Twin A. Mac was doing body waves for Mom & Dad on Wednesday! It was so amazing to watch. Mac is now a whopping 3.12 cm long and has a heart rate of 170 bpm.

This is Cheese, previously known as Twin B. Cheese was showing off by waving a hand & making Mom & Dad very proud! Cheese is our little chunk, measuring 3.74 cm long with a heart rate of 176 bpm.
I am a little late in posting, I actually turned 10 weeks on Wednesday & this is when these pictures were taken. My 2nd OB appt went well. The most exciting news is that the bleed is almost indistinguishable to the rest of my uterus! That means it is healing very nicely. Yeah! My OB likened it to a healing bruise in it's final "yellow phase". What a relief! We also found out Wednesday that I won't be returning to work until after these babies are born! Yikes! My OB really thinks this is my one shot to have a baby so we will take all precautions. She doesn't want me walking up & down the halls of the hospital taking care of sick kids. In 3 or 4 weeks I can start going places in a wheelchair. Hopefully my manager can find me some kind of desk job then. I am running out of paid vacation time! We have our first visit to the Perinatologist on Monday. I am anxious to hear what he/she has to say about the babies & the bleed. I hear they have extra high-tech ultrasound machines so we should get some more good pictures of Mac & Cheese. With another 6 months of bedrest in my future, my mom bought a couple books for me to read about twin pregnancies. I didn't realize a twin pregnancy was that different from a singleton pregnancy. A few things I've learned...Because twin pregnancies are often cut short due to preterm delivery, more weight has to be gained in a shorter amount of time. The amount of weight you gain in the first half of your pregnancy has a significant impact on your babies' development in the second half. Bring on the food! Although I haven't gained any weight yet, I do have the beginning of a "baby bump"! Quite exciting :) In a couple weeks I bet you'll really be able to tell. We started taking pictures the day we found out we were pregnant. I'll post them when the true bump appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment