Wednesday, February 4, 2009

15!

Egg retrieval is painful! Thank God for good drugs. A little Versed followed by some Propofol and I don't remember a thing. No nausea or anything. A couple doses of Fentanyl in recovery, & I actually felt well enough for breakfast at First Watch afterward. One of my nurses recommended eating pancakes (I'm a very good patient and follow every "instruction" I'm given). By the time we got home, however, I was in quite a bit of pain. I took 2 Darvocet & slept for 3 hrs. Now, here I am updating the blog. I'm pretty comfortable as long as I don't move :) Good thing Kyle's here to wait on me! And my mom made a delicious lasagna for us tonight so he didn't have to cook. We're pretty spoiled!

Oh, did you want to know how many eggs they retrieved??? 15!!!!! We are so excited with that number. I was really only expecting 10-12. Pleasant surprise for sure. They'll let us know tomorrow morning how many of the 15 eggs fertilized. I can't wait to hear. On average, around 60% are expected to fertilize...so we're hoping for 9. The more the merrier!

Thanks for all the prayers! Keep it up! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment