Monday, February 16, 2009

Waiting...

I haven't posted in a few days because there's not much to report. Since the embryo transfer we have just been trying to keep busy, waiting these 8 LONG days to find out if we are indeed pregnant. I have managed to stay away from home pregnancy tests...I gave all of the ones I had at our house to my mom weeks ago so I wouldn't be tempted. Oh how those First Response Early Result commercials have been haunting me!! They really discourage taking home urine tests because if you get a negative result, you'll be super upset & if you get a positive result you still don't know "how positive" it is until you get your blood test. So I am proud of myself for holding out. Now I am SUPER nervous about tomorrow morning. I don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight! I think I'm going to go first thing in the morning...7:30 am. They will call with the results as soon as they get them. For those of you who may not know, the test is a blood draw & it is called a quantitative beta HCG. Once an embryo implants itself in the uterus it starts releasing the hormone beta HCG. You can measure the amount of HCG in your blood. So, when they call with results tomorrow, I'd like the number to be greater than 50. We want this number to double at least every 48 hrs. If it doubles, it is a good indication that it is a healthy pregnancy. Cross your fingers for good high numbers tomorrow!!! I'll post as soon as we know something!

No comments:

Post a Comment