Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 3 Biopsy

Sorry I was absent yesterday. We stayed very busy with the beautiful weather. We met our friend, Kelly, in Independence for lunch at Cafe Verona (I highly recommend this place) & then window-shopped around the Independence Square, ending the afternoon with a couple old fashioned sodas from Clinton's. Very delicious! Then we came home, grabbed Vegas, & headed to the dog park. There were SO many dogs and their people there :) Vegas played hard with a fellow Great Dane & one of her favorite Dalmatian friends...so cute! We ended the night eating dinner & playing cards with my parents at our house. I was able to enjoy a cold beer with everyone as there is nothing, no eggs, no embryos, growing inside me now. I'm an empty vessel for 2 more days & am going to take advantage! Don't get too worried, I only had one beer :)

As for the embryo report...
Our precious embryos are 3 days old today. All 9 embryos are dividing appropriately & look healthy!!!!! Dr. Wilson, our embryologist called to let us know he will be biopsying all 9 this morning. He ships them to West Virginia to be tested (PGD) & we will have the results on Monday. Our embryo transfer is scheduled for 12:00 on Monday!! Yeah! We are so happy to have made it this far with so many embryos.

As for me...
I'm still not 100%, but am definitely feeling better. The bloat has almost completely subsided. I had gained about 5 lbs during stimulation & egg retrieval & have now lost 4 lbs. Almost back to normal :) I'm still experiencing some pain, but it's tolerable. On to the meds...I just added it up. Yesterday I took 14 pills & Kyle gave me 2 injections!!! The injections were quite horrible. I don't mind shots, really. And yesterday's were not unbearable...the horrible part is that I have to do these injections every day for a very long time. Lovenox (prevents blood clots) is given in the abdomen & burns something fierce. I will continue these injections every day throughout my pregnancy. Progesterone (makes the uterine lining like a pillow) is given in the hip with a long thick needle. It is Progesterone in oil...very thick & not so kind on the tush. I will continue these until about 12 weeks into my pregnancy. I keep telling myself...It'll all be worth it, it'll all be worth it, it'll all be worth it. So it had better all be worth it!!!

Today is another beautiful day. Gotta love the 60s in February!!! I think we'll be headed to the dog park shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment