Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Big Fat Positive

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!

I went in for labs this morning at 7:30 am & then began the agonizing wait for results. We went to Sonic for breakfast, then to Wal-Mart for groceries. My phone rang at 10:30 am & I almost peed my pants while trying to get to my phone, I was so nervous...but it was just my sister. Well, not just my sister, but you know. We finally got the call at 11:14 am, a day & time to remember!! I was so nervous I almost didn't want to answer it. After the 3rd or 4th ring I answered and heard the most beautiful words, "Well Shelley, you're pregnant!!!" Then, the more important question, how pregnant was I?? I asked what my HCG was...344!!! I screamed, "344!!!" & started crying. From there the phone calls started. We called our close friends & families to share our miracle. Thank you, thank you for all your support.

With an HCG of 344 at 3 weeks 6 days pregnant, twins are a very real possibility. Yeah!!! I go in for more labs on Thursday & Monday to make sure my HCG is increasing appropriately. It should double every 48-72 hrs. I'll keep you posted!!

I was afraid to mention these earlier. Symptoms so far...
3 days ago I woke up to teenage acne all over my face and chest (jealous, aren't you?) I've been very tired the last few days, taking naps & going to bed extremely early. I've been feeling lightheaded/dizzy when walking up & down stairs or just when standing up. The nausea started Sunday, not too bad yet. I spilled 2 drinks yesterday...very clumsy.

Needless to say, we are on cloud 9. We are planning to stay here for the next 30+ weeks until we are holding our baby/babies in our arms. At that point I think we'll be beyond cloud 9 :) We can't stop smiling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment